SPRING IS HERE! and with all the pastels and chocolate floating around, could there be a better time to do some baking?
I had the urge to make some Easter treats, so naturally I went on Pinterest for some inspiration and found these adorable cupcakes. They are super simple to make and you’ll probably find that you already have most of the ingredients in your cupboards. These are an Easter twist on a classic vanilla cupcake, with a white chocolate buttercream and a nest of chocolate shavings, and they taste delicious!
It would be such a cute idea to make them over this weekend as you can never have enough sweet treats for Easter, right?
I am going to link the full recipe that I used and you can adapt and alter it as you wish but for the basics, and in terms of what I used, you will need:
For the Cupcakes:
- 200g All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt, 100g Butter (melted)
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Egg Whites.
For the Frosting:
- 100g White Chocolate Chips (melted)
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 200g Icing Sugar.
For the Topping:
- 1 Block of Chocolate
- Cadbury Mini Eggs.
- Preheat your oven to about 180 degrees celsius and line your muffin tin with cupcake cases. (I didn’t have a muffin tin so I just doubled up my cupcake cases to make them sturdier and that seemed to do the trick).
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt, and then in another bowl mix the sugar and vanilla extract into the melted butter. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and combine.
- Beat the egg whites in a seperate bowl and then fold them into the batter until all is combined.
- Spoon the batter into your prelined muffin tin. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (stir every 20 second until fully melted) and then leave to cool.
- Beat the butter and then slowly add the cooled melted chocolate to it.
- Slowly add in the icing sugar until fully incorporated into the mix.
- Fill a sandwich bag with the icing mixture and make a small cut at one corner.
- Pipe icing onto the cakes to create a circle.
- Grate chocolate block and add shavings around the edge of the icing to create a nest.
- Place 2 or 3 mini eggs into the middle of the nest.
The end result is so cute and they fit just on top of an average sized egg crate, you can make mini cupcakes that should fit in an egg crate fully so that you can close it and give it as an Easter gift which I think is such a cute idea!
They taste so delicious, are so fun to make and look adorable for spring. Let me know if you try this recipe out, happy baking and happy Easter!
For more cupcake photos and just photos in general, check out my Instagram.
Phoebe Francesca x