For my Mum’s birthday, I was inspired by the book ‘Gin Made Me Do It’ that contains 60 botanical cocktails recipes and I decide to buy her the book and buy her all the ingredients, glasses, and accessories to make cocktails with her. This weekend I am visiting home so I thought what better time to make these cocktails and share them with you!
I picked up the most beautiful gold detailed glasses monogrammed in my Mum’s initials from Anthropologie (which are a gift in themselves) and pretty paper straws to serve them with. Other than that, all the ingredients can be bought at the supermarket.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 60ml Gin
- 30ml Lemon Juice
- 15ml Sugar Syrup
- 15ml Blackberry Creme de Mure Liqueur
- Crushed Ice
To make the sugar syrup use 2 sugar to 1 water and simmer in a saucepan until the sugar has dissolved then let cool.
HOW TO MIX:
- Fill a quarter of your glass with crushed ice then add the lemon juice, sugar syrup and gin, then slowly mix together.
- Top the glass with crushed ice
- Pour the Creme de Mure on top so that it bleeds into the drink.
- Skewer blackberries onto a mixer and add a straw to finish.
These cocktails were so nice and super easy and fun to make, they were a little bit sour so we reduced the lemon juice and added tonic to make a longer and less intense drink.
Let me know what your favourite cocktail/mocktail is and whether you’d try this recipe out!